marți, 8 ianuarie 2013


2012 Music Top
Position: 98 of 100
Artist: Great White
Song: Situation
Album: Rising (2009)


Great White are a band I've discovered by accident many years ago. I was looking for some Whitesnake in a friend's music collection and found an album called Once Bitten that was mislabeled as being a Whitesnake album. Although not entirely imprecise since there was an album called Once Bitten released by former Whitesnake guitar players Bernie Marsden and Mickey Moody in collaboration with none other than Jorn Lande back in 1998, this  particular album in my friend's collection wasn't it. The style was too different, too American. So I started digging and soon uncovered the works of Great White, one of the purest, no nonsense American rock bands I have ever listened to.

Unlike most bands of the 80's that have broken up by now or completely altered their line up, Great White stayed true to its members (at least up to 2009), its fans and its musical style. I found the "Rising" album while in Hamburg last year and scooped it up. I have all the Great White discography and have been forever convinced that whatever they might put out, I will buy so there was little debate about the purchase. I rate the album at 50% easily (that means 6 good tracks out of a total of 12) which is a decent percentage nowadays. "Situation" is the opener off the album and among those best 6 songs. A typical Great White song, good melody line, great rhythm (especially the opening base line) it's absolutely amazing how much these guys can preserve their style.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu