luni, 20 ianuarie 2014

89. Joe Cocker - Highway, Highway

2013 Music Top
Position: 89 of 100
Artist: Joe Cocker
Song: Highway, Highway
Album: Have A Little Faith (1994)






Vplay link: http://vplay.ro/watch/wt1bf7bm/
Deezer link: http://www.deezer.com/track/3508465

One of the first albums I ever received as a present from my folks when I was a kid was Joe Cocker's Have A Little Faith whose selection I know was nothing short of accidental, but still, what an album! This 1994 jewel contains about as many great songs as there are tracks on the album. The last song on side A (I know, cassette tapes!) was this ballad that most likely started my fascination with the concept of the highway to the point where, today, there probably isn't a song about "a highway" that I've heard and didn't like. In this particular song, the highway is the symbol of that road of life that we're all going on, or that it is carrying us depending on which perspective you feel like adopting. Last year I was feeling a little nostalgic and this song proved the perfect way of connecting again with that kid who found a Joe Cocker tape stuck into his boots on Saint Nick's morning, back in 1994.


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu